I went for a walk down to see the mechanic hoping that the problem with my car was something simple like a blown water hose. When I arrived wally said to me "you don't want to talk to me..." I said "give me the bad news". The car had a blown heater hose at first but ended up with water coming from between the head and the engine block. In a word cactus, dead, finito as I should have stopped driving when the problem occurred. Another one of my cars to the graveyard.
I walked down to the local shop which has a pin-up noticeboard out front hoping there may have been an ad for a cheap vehicle... no luck. The local panel-beater (who sells cars) was the next stop. He indicated a dual cab utility that he would have to bring from a neighboring town for $1500 with six months registration. I will have a look at it when it gets here.
Next stop was the local hotel where I had one schooner of beer to commiserate, then the walk home having been saved from yesterdays fate of too much alcohol consumption. Sometimes things just go from bad to worse and this has been one of those days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment